DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, LLC
Last Updated: October 18, 2019
1. Who May Use the Site.
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
2. Collection of Information.
· Information you provide to us:
· Information about your use of the Site:
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use the Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
o Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Site.
o Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Site and your experience, see which areas and features of the Site are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
· Information from other sources:
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information described above. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties and publicly available sources.
3. Use of Information.
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Site, to market our products, services and programs, to deliver the services you request and customize your experience with us, to process your newsletter subscription and to communicate with you on these and other topics. We may also use the information we collect to:
· Communicate with you about services, offers, events, volunteer opportunities and events offered by Discovery and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Discovery and others;
· Personalize and improve the Site and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
· Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
4. Sharing of Information.
· With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as third parties with whom we may share your information to track and analyze non-identifying aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors;
· With our third-party payment intermediaries to process donations or with the non-profit organizations we partner with as part of our campaigns;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
· To protect the rights, property and safety of Discovery or others;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
· Between and among Discovery and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
· With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
5. Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others.
6. Your Choices.
· Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
· Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Discovery by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out of promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
· Do Not Track. Currently, Discovery does not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking (e.g., by disabling cookies) and you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the “Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others” above.
· Your California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request certain information regarding Discovery’s disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as set forth below:
Discovery Communications, LLC
8403 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Phone: (240) 662-2000 (Legal)